Transfer of Data
When HealthLock on your mobile phone transmits or requests information to the HealthLock cloud servers, it uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). This protocol was developed for transmitting private data via the Internet. SSL creates a secure connection between the HealthLock app and the HealthLock Servers, over which data can be sent securely. This is the same protocol that your bank uses to transmit confidential banking data.
HealthLock Servers are located in and managed by one of the nation’s top data centers. They follow ISO #17799-based policies and procedures, regularly reviewed as part of their SAS #70.
Type II audit process.
HealthLock is a Business Associate as defined under the administrative simplification provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and its privacy and security regulations (HIPAA), and under the privacy and security provisions of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009 (the HITECH Act). Learn More.
- Data center access limited to data center technicians
- Biometric (finger prints, etc.) scanning for controlled data center access
- Security camera monitoring at data center location
- 24×7 on-site staff provides additional protection against unauthorized entry
- Physical security audited by an independent firm
- Fail-safe systems for power outage, internet failure and fire suppression
- System security
- System installation using hardened, patched OS
- System patching configured to provide ongoing protection from exploits
- Dedicated firewall services to help block unauthorized system access
- Data protection with managed backup solutions
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation
- System access logged and tracked for auditing purposes
Your Security is Our Top Priority
a commitment to privacy
Designed with you in mind
HealthLock’s intuitive design enables fast access to your claims and all your alerts and will alert you when they have been verified.